Sunday 18 October 2009

British Dressage debut!!!!!

Really beautiful autumn day for both mine and Grace’s BD debut, and I was most excited that I got to wear a stock for the first time in my life! Grace looked super smart and I spent most of the day grinning for no apparent reason. First test reminded me how spooky Grace can find the indoor arena’s at Bury Farm, but this wasn’t helped by a lorry loading up the other side of the back wall as we performed our canter transition. The judge wrote ‘well sat’ on my test sheet, which said it all really.

Still beaming though, I rode the second test even better and Grace was much more relaxed. I was absolutely thrilled to learn that we scored 68% and came second overall – my first real prize money was spent on treats for Grace, and a bottle of wine for me!

No comments: